POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Snakes WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Snakes WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Feb 2007 16:39:40
Message: <45c25e1c@news.povray.org>
This last week, I've been trying to model a morilia viridis: a python.

The final image is supposed to be a present for a friend of mine, even
though I'm having trouble nailing down its look and it doesn't look like
it'll be finished in time...

I'm considering displacement-painting to add some detail (like scales)
to the snakes, but more in combination with a normal than painting it
onto the entire snake. It's also (obviously) missing colors, I'm
wondering if I should go for something realistic, or altogether more
colorful and expressionistic, as that is something she'd like...

Well, if anyone has suggestions, feel free to blurt them out. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"